Dependability and durability.
Those are the two words that come to mind when you buy and experience owning a Silverado. Yes, you’re indeed buying a powerful and versatile tool for your hotshot trucking business. It has been the “Most Awarded Commercial Pickup Truck In America” by Vincentric. And with a starting price of $37,600, it has also won as “2018 Best Resale Value: Full-Size Pickup” by KBB.
This heavy-duty truck offers two tough engines to help you breeze through all your daily duties:
- Gasoline option. The Vortec 6.0L V8 can generate 360 horsepower at 5400 rpm and 380 lb-ft of torque at 4200 rpm. With its 6-speed automatic heavy-duty transmission, that’s enough power to tow 14,400 lbs.
- Diesel option.The Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 can produce 445 horsepower at 2800 rpm and 910 lb-ft of torque at 1600 rpm. With its 6-speed Allison automatic transmission, it can tow 15,400 lbs.
Features and Amenities
When it comes to features and amenities, the Silverado won’t be left behind. First of all, it has a quiet cabin due to triple-sealed doors and sound-deadening materials. The firm foam seats provide additional support and comfort. And when it comes to technology, the Chevrolet Infotainment System with its 7”-8” diagonal color touch-screen display delivers. It provides Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Compatibility. It also has 4G LTE Wi-Fi, wireless charging for compatible smartphones, USB ports, a 110-volt power outlet, and a myChevrolet Mobile App.
In the steering wheel, there are also several controls: to operate the cruise control, manage the Chevrolet Infotainment System, and answer phone calls. It has a steel cargo box and factory-installed Fifth-Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Package and accessories including a hard folding tonneau cover, assist steps, and a stationary toolbox. In addition, the 2019 Chevy Silverado has:
- A Cornerstep Rear Bumper to help you get into and out of the cargo box with ease.
- A thick and water-sealed Spray-On Bedliner that adds a layer to your cargo box.
- Upper and lower tie-down hooks (Cargo Tie-Downs) to keep your cargo secure up to 250 lbs., plus LED Bed Lamps to enhance your visibility in the dark.
- A Rear Vision Camera giving you guiding lines when backing up or hitching a trailer.
For good stability and braking, the Silverado is equipped with the following advanced features:
- Digital Steering Assist. This advanced technology gives enhanced control on the highway and in the parking lot, thereby providing ease of handling, stability at high speeds, maneuverability at low speeds, and excellent feel and response.
- Hill Start Assist. This is useful whenever you have to stop on an incline. It holds the brakes momentarily or until you press the accelerator. This gives you extra time to switch from brake to accelerator pedals without rolling back.
- StabiliTrak with Trailer Sway Control. This feature automatically detects a swaying trailer and applies both the vehicle and trailer brakes to help bring it back in line.
- Tow/Haul Mode. This technology adjusts transmission shifts to reduce shift cycling when towing or hauling heavy loads or driving on steep grades.
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes with Duralife Rotors. The Silverado uses disc brakes on all of its four wheels with patented Duralife brake rotors. These have increased hardening to help prevent warping and provide corrosion resistance to help extend rotor life.
- Auto Grade Braking. This advanced feature initiates transmission downshifts to assist you with braking on long downhill grades.
- Diesel Exhaust Brake. This available technology uses engine compression to reduce the amount of conventional braking needed while towing or traveling downhill.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller.This feature seamlessly integrates with your trailer brakes during normal braking and with Trailer Sway Control.
The Bottom Line
The Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD is a very capable truck with a sterling reputation for dependability and reliability. The following reasons make it a pleasure to drive: a tough and powerful engine; a slew of basic features and amenities; plus, advanced features for road stability and confident braking. No wonder the Silverado has been a multi-awarded vehicle. You’re indeed getting a powerful and versatile tool for your hotshot trucking business.