The 2019 Ford F-250 XL (starting at around $33,000) is a heavy-duty truck that perfectly blends capability, comfort, and usability. It has a 6.2-liter gasoline V8 engine that produces 385 horsepower and 430 lb-ft of torque. It also has a turbocharged 6.7-liter diesel V8 that cranks out 450 horsepower and 935 lb-ft of torque. Ford engineers mated both engines to six-speed automatic transmissions. Rear-wheel drive comes standard, while four-wheel is available as an option.
- AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control (RSC). The Super Duty comes with Trailer Sway Control and standard AdvanceTrace with Roll Stability Control (RSC) on both dual- and single-rear-wheel models. These systems use gyroscopic sensors. These, along with reduced engine power and selective wheel braking, maintain the stability of the truck and trailer.
- Headlamps (Quad-Dual beam halogen). The upper and lower headlamps provide both low- and high-beam outputs, with the combined four low beams producing more light output than the high beams on the Super Duty model.
- STX Appearance Package. There are several features that give it both toughness and style. Some of them are AM/FM stereo with MP3 player, SYNC, cruise control, 18-inch cast aluminum wheels, STX fender vent badge, front and rear chrome step bumpers, bright chrome grille, plus all the features in the Power Equipment Group. Color-coordinated carpeting is optional.
- CAPABILITY — The Ford Super Duty pickup simply hauls more and tows more. When properly configured with the 6.2L gas engine, it has the best-in-class payload. And when properly configured with the 6.7L diesel engine, it also has the best-in-class towing. Yes, its performance trumps many other full-sized pickups over 8,500 lbs.
- DURABILITY — The Ford F-250, like all the other Ford Super Duty trucks, is a relatively lightweight truck. Yet it comes with a sturdy frame and chassis. Ford engineers have drastically reduced the body weight of the previous-generation Super Duty. They have strengthened it with military-grade, aluminum alloy — plus a stronger steel frame and chassis components. Whether on a tough job site or a rugged off-road terrain, this durable truck can keep up with your fast and productive pace.
- POWER — Pulling power. High-torque performance. Hauling and towing huge loads is the specialty of Super Duty. Its 6.2L gas V8 engine generates its best-in-class torque. You can also select the Power Stroke Turbo Diesel, another class leader in horsepower and torque.
FordPassConnect. This enables both passengers and driver to connect to an in-vehicle 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot, powered by AT&T. You can access this hotspot from up to 50 feet outside the vehicle. Up to 10 devices can connect all at once. FordPasscan also keep track of your Wi-Fi data usage.
- Rear Seat Storage and Flat Load Floor. If you need an under-seat storage box in the four-door Super Crew, this is your solution. With this optional feature, you can keep expensive tools locked inside the cab.
- SYNC 3. This is a smart, user-friendly, and responsive voice-activated technology. The system has a smartphone-like touchscreen that reacts instantly to your voice commands. It also has a sleek interface to help you connect to and control your smartphone. If you need to locate your favorite restaurant, for example, just do a simple destination entry via the optional navigation.
- Tailgate Step with Step Assist. This tailgate step makes it easier to access the payload in your Super Duty pickup truck. You can stow the step and handle inside the tailgate so you can easily access it whenever you need to.
Ford Commercial Solutions
Your fleet vehicles are vital to the success of your operation. Ford understands this. So they’ve developed commercial tools to go along with the Ford vehicles that make up your fleet. The good thing about it is that their software and their hardware work together seamlessly.
- Ford Data Services. This allows you to securely access your vehicle data through Ford’s open platform called the Transportation Mobility Cloud (TMC). It works with the services and partners you already trust. You can also access it through your preexisting telematics service provider or integrated with proprietary software.
- Ford Telematics. This is a simple but powerful tool to monitor and manage your fleet in real time. For engineers designed it to make running your fleet operations easier, safer, and more efficient. With its user-friendly and intuitive interface, you can quickly determine where (and when) you need to take action.
The Bottom Line
The Ford F-250 XL is one of the best heavy-duty trucks you can buy. It combines capability, comfort, and usability in one powerful and practical package. Its towing power is impressive and its key features, benefits, and amenities make for a very attractive package overall. Because of its proprietary Commercial Solutions, many people have highly recommended the Ford F-250 XL Super Duty.