The 2019 Ford F-450 Lariat (starting at $63,905) comfortably seats six people in its roomy and stylish interior. Its 6.2-liter gasoline V8 engine produces 385 horsepower at 5,750 rpm and 430 lb-ft of torque at 3,800 rpm. If that’s not enough power, there’s more. Its 6.7-liter Power Stroke V8 Turbo Diesel can crank out 450 horsepower at 2,800 rpm and 935 lb-ft of torque at 1,800 rpm. Both engines are mated to TorqShift 6-speed automatic transmissions. Rear-wheel drive is standard, but 4WD is available as well. In summary, it’s a truck that perfectly blends capability, comfort, and usability.
- AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control (RSC). The Super Duty comes with Trailer Sway Control and standard AdvanceTrace with Roll Stability Control (RSC) on both dual- and single-rear-wheel models. These systems use gyroscopic sensors. Along with reduced engine power and selective wheel braking, these maintain the stability of the truck and trailer.
- Headlamps (Quad-Dual beam halogen). The upper and lower headlamps provide both low- and high-beam outputs, with the combined four low beams producing more light output than the high beams on the Super Duty model.
- Seats. Front, Premium Leather-Trimmed 40/Console/40 — Premium front leather-trimmed seats with 40/console/40 split bench seat in LARIAT.
- SYNC 3. This is a smart, user-friendly, and responsive voice-activated technology. The system has a smartphone-like touchscreen that reacts instantly to your voice commands. It also has a sleek interface to help you connect to and control your smartphone. If you need to locate your favorite restaurant, for example, just do a simple destination entry via the optional navigation.
- STX Appearance Package. The following features give it both toughness and style: AM/FM stereo with MP3 player, SYNC, cruise control, 18-inch cast aluminum wheels, STX fender vent badge, front and rear chrome step bumpers, bright chrome grille, plus all the features in the Power Equipment Group. Color-coordinated carpeting is optional.
- Wheels. 19.5” Forged Polished Aluminum — Standard on Super Duty F-450. King Ranch model has Light Caribou wheel ornaments with King Ranch logo.
- CAPABILITY — The Ford Super Duty pickup simply hauls more and tows more. When properly configured with the 6.2L gas engine, it has the best-in-class payload. And when properly configured with the 6.7L diesel engine, it also has the best-in-class towing. Yes, its performance trumps many other full-sized pickups over 8,500 lbs.
- DURABILITY — The Ford F-450 Lariat, like all the other Ford Super Duty trucks, comes with a sturdy frame and chassis. Ford engineers have drastically reduced the body weight of the previous-generation Super Duty. Plus, they have strengthened it with military-grade, aluminum alloy — plus a stronger steel frame and chassis components. Whether on a tough job site or a rugged off-road terrain, this durable truck can keep up with your fast and productive pace.
- POWER — Pulling power. High-torque performance. For hauling and towing huge loads, the Ford Super Duty simply rules in this department. Its best-in-class torque is generated through its 6.2L gas V8 engine. But if you need the more powerful diesel engine, you can select the Power Stroke Turbo Diesel, another class leader in horsepower and torque.
- FordPass Connect. This enables both passengers and driver to connect to an in-vehicle 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot, powered by AT&T. You can access this hotspot from up to 50 feet outside the vehicle. Also, up to 10 devices can connect all at once. FordPass can also keep track of your Wi-Fi data usage.
- Rear Seat Storage and Flat Load Floor. If you need an under-seat storage box in the four-door Super Crew, this is your solution. With this optional feature, you can keep expensive tools locked inside the cab.
- Tailgate Step with Step Assist.This tailgate step makes it easier to access the payload in your Super Duty pickup truck. The step and handle are stowed inside the tailgate to be easily accessed whenever needed.
Ford Commercial Solutions
Your fleet vehicles are vital to the success of your operation. Ford understands this. So they’ve developed commercial tools to go along with the Ford vehicles that make up your fleet. The good thing about it is that their software and their hardware work together seamlessly.
- Ford Data Services. This allows you to securely access your vehicle data through Ford’s open platform called the Transportation Mobility Cloud (TMC). It works with the services and partners you already trust. It can also be accessed through your preexisting telematics service provider or integrated with proprietary software.
- Ford Telematics.This is a simple but powerful tool to monitor and manage your fleet in real time. It’s designed to make running your fleet operations easier, safer, and more efficient. With its user-friendly and intuitive interface, you can quickly determine where (and when) you need to take action.
The Bottom Line
The Ford F-450 Lariat is one of the best pickup trucks on the market today. Its gooseneck towing power at 35,000 lbs. is impressive. Plus, it can haul up to 7,640 lbs. of payload. It combines capability, comfort, and usability in one powerful and practical package. When you include Ford’s proprietary Commercial Solutions only offered by Ford, it makes the Ford F-450 Lariat Super Duty one of the most highly recommended trucks on the market.